This position is responsible for performing clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods and receiving incoming shipments to include; inspecting, and stocking of incoming shipments of parts and materials used in the production of emergency response vehicles.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move boxes and materials weighing up to 50 lbs
• Ability to use hand truck and pallet jack for moving bulky or heavy items (50+ lbs)
• Ability to safely and competently operate a Forklift unloading trucks and loading into pallet rack storage.
• Ability to use a keyboard and computer using MAX Inventory Control software
• Open/count and inspect orders
• Sort and Mark parts received
• Put parts in designated storage areas
• Deliver parts to production areas based on weekly stockroom inventory checklist
• Maintain in-house vendor inventory and physical locations for inventory in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Package outgoing shipments and parcels
• Track shipments as needed
• Use a computer as needed for email, internet information and use Microsoft office documents to create entries and maintain an electronic log of incoming and outgoing packages. Record Receipt of Shortages on the Daily Short List.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock. Prepare weekly action list for buyers for all stocked parts that are low or depleted.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper and/or carrier to rectify damages and shortages.
• Package & weigh outgoing shipments and parcels
• Maintain accurate outgoing shipping records.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Basic reading, writing and arithmetic, normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
Position Requirements: Working in a fast-paced environment, excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills, and ability to work under pressure. Materials and tools used in this position include but are not limited to; box knife to open shipments, keyboard and computer to process shipments and maintain inventory control; and operation of forklift
Knowledge Requirements: Knowledge of shipping and receiving, Supply Chain Management, and Inventory principles.
At Minimum 6 months of Forklift Operation in a production facility.
Must have at least 2 years of prior Shipping and Receiving work preferably in a production environment or warehouse setting.
Experience using computers and keyboarding functions to include; Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office programs is desirable
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Responsibilities may require adjusting the work schedule, long days and occasional Saturday work. Meeting production schedules is critical to the success of the Company thereby requiring a solid attendance record from each employee.