NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mon-Fri.
The Purchasing buyer has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Maintains dependable sources of supply for materials while keeping an optimum balance between quality and cost. Must be able to develop and apply sound purchasing principles, practices and techniques to the supply functions.
• Purchase commodities and services to meet specialized or complex needs.
• Make purchase decisions in accordance with company procedures.
• Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion.
• Collaborate with Materials manager and lead to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders.
• Identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of supplies, price, and delivery date.
• Determine the correct method to process purchase requisitions depending on total cost, timeliness, and existing contracts.
• Place orders to procure requisitioned items or services.
• Solve problems with orders in an efficient and timely manner.
• Review MRP reorder requirements to ensure adequate stock levels and they are consistent with targeted inventory goals for projects in production.
• Due to changing workloads, other duties or tasks on an as needed basis.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to take ownership, roll up sleeves, and get things done.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job-related tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives.
• Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
• Perform quarterly cycle counts of inventory.
• AA degree and minimum of two to years of experience in Purchasing/Demand Planning, or adequate relevant experience that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
• Experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
• Experience with Manufacturing ERP Systems and MRP.
• Moderate to Expert in MS Excel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Willingness to take initiative
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Exemplary interpersonal skills
Braun Northwest adheres to a core set of values which include; Integrity, Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability. We are successful because we place a high value on our employees, customers and product.
Braun Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer