These positions are responsible for laying out, welding, and building the metal frame and component parts of the module. These tasks must be completed accurately in order to be moved to the Paint Department in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Use and read a tape measure accurately and perform the math calculations to layout the project being fabricated.
- Fit and weld metal components per drawing and specifications to required tolerances
- Regularly lift, carry and otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 lbs, and on occasion 75 lbs.
- Regularly push and pull large sheets of metal in order to place them in proper position for cutting and welding.
- Stand for long periods of time in order to complete the fabrication work.
- Inspect own work for completeness and acceptability to quality requirements.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Basic Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent. Welding certification from an accredited welding program is desired.
Position Requirements: These positions require the use of proper welding masks with a protective lens shade of no less than eleven. Tools and a tool box are required.
Knowledge Requirements: Knowledge of welding and fabrication principles.
Required Experience: Prior welding experience desirable; MIG and aluminum
Use of Tools
Ability to safely and competently operate some or all of the following equipment:
- Drill Press
- Table Saw
- Chop Saw
- Overhead Hoist
- Band Saw
- Welders (MIG & TIG)
- Plasma Cutting Equipment
- Various Hand/Power Tools
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Responsibilities may require adjusting the work schedule, long days and occasionally Saturday work. Meeting production schedules is critical to the success of the company thereby requiring a solid attendance record from each employee.
Braun Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer