Materials Manager-Braun Northwest, Inc-Chehalis WA
FT- Monday- Friday occasional Saturday
Braun Northwest is seeking an experienced Materials Manager to manage our Materials Department which includes; Purchasing, Inventory, and Shipping and Receiving, along with the direct supervision of three team leads, and overall management of up to 10 employees.
This position is critical to the overall success of the timely and accurate production of emergency response vehicles. The Materials Manager must have at minimum; a clear understanding of and prior experience in; procurement, product inventory and control, purchasing, logistics, vendor/supplier relations, and supply chain management.
Essential Functions of the position include;
• Ability to direct the work of others; provide instruction and feedback in a professional manner
• Ability to supervise, coach and encourage staff
• Ability to work under pressure and independently
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and across all levels of the company
• Ability to think critically and resolve problems as they arise
• Ability to sit in front of a monitor for long periods of time
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make timely decisions
Other Functions include;
• Compiles as well as maintains manual or computerized records like material inventory, in-process production reports, costed BOM reports, and status location of materials.
• Assist Purchasing Lead in managing relationship with suppliers. Handle complaints involving supply and delivery. Find new suppliers when needed.
• Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, part and assemblies between departments according to the production plan, shipping schedules, or department priorities.
• Expedite and drive faster material movements to meet on-time delivery of customers’ orders (pressure control) while maximizing inventory turns
• Work with shop management to develop delivery commitments
• Interface with Sales, Engineering, Production, and Project Management, as required to meet production deadlines
• Review all records created during procurement process to maintain accurate traceability
• Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce costs
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, or closely allied field. An AA degree with two years’ experience as a Procurement or Materials Manager in a production environment may substitute for BA.
• Position Requirements: Use of inventory software (MAX) and Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Required Experience: Prior experience managing in a warehouse or production environment, including the supervision and management of employees.
Braun Northwest adheres to a core set of values and is an equal opportunity employer.
*Only those submitting resumes showing that the required qualifications for the position have been met will be considered for interview.